Every year we offer workshops and conferences for parents on a variety of topics. Here are some of the conferences we offered last year:
• The Development of Social Consciousness in Tweens
• The International Forum on Waldorf Education
• Meeting the Adolescent's Needs
• Digital Citizenship
- Does Bullying Truly Exist in Kindergarten?
A staple of our workshop offerings is Simplicity Parenting:
Simplicity Parenting© by Kim John Payne offers a simple, orderly, and effective pathway to simplify four realms at home. These simplifications reduce stress on children and their parents, and allow room for connection, creativity, and relaxation.
These four realms for simplifying are:
Environment - De-cluttering too much stuff at home.
Rhythm - Increasing predictability by introducing rhythmic moments for connection and calm.
Scheduling - Soothing violent schedules brings moments for Being into all the Doing.
Unplugging - Reducing the influence of adult concerns, media and consumerism on children and families to increase resilience, social and emotional intelligence.
When parents take steps to simplify their homes and their schedules, to introduce more predictable rhythms and to filter out concerns which children are not yet able to cope with, they find that their children:
• Are calmer and happier
• Do better socially and emotionally
• Are more focused at school
• Find it easier to comply with family rules
• Become less picky eaters
These parents also find that they themselves:
• To have a clearer picture of what they value as parents
• Are more united with each other in their parenting
• Have more time and energy for connection, relaxation, and fun